Silk chicken salad with broccoli & goji berries
400g chicken breast (sliced)
400ml coconut milk
2g or 1 cinnamon quill
1g or 1 cardamom pod
7.5g or ½ bunch fresh thyme
70g or 1 cup chopped savoy cabbage
70g or 1 cup chopped red cabbage
90g or 1 cup broccoli heads
40g or 2 tablespoons goji berries
2.5g or ½ small bunch fresh parsley
10g or ½ bunch fresh dill
5g or ½ bunch fresh mint leaves
85g or 2 cups baby spinach
80g or 4 tablespoons coyo yogurt
20ml or 1 tablespoons lemon juice
20ml or 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
20ml or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2.5g or ½ teaspoon sea salt
15g or 1 green long chillies (deseed)
1. To make the silk chicken; place the chicken breast into a pot and fill with water and coconut milk. Add cinnamon, cardamom and thyme. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat and place a lid on the pot and leave for 2 hours.
2. *Alternatively, you can place the chicken, water and coconut milk in a deep tray and bake at 200 degrees for 25 minutes.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and discard the herbs and spices.
4. To make the coconut yogurt dressing; slice the green chillies down the middle then remove the seeds with a small knife, place into a blender with the spinach and blitz until combined, then add the yogurt, lemon juice, coconut nectar & salt. Blitz again for a further minute. Season with apple cider vinegar. Set aside until needed.
5. To make the salad; shred the savoy cabbages long ways on an angle to produce strands, repeat with the red cabbage. Remove the broccoli heads into bite size pieces, and blanch in hot water and cook for 2 minutes then place straight into ice water for a further minute and place into a large salad spinner and remove water, set aside.
6. Place the goji berries in a container and cover with filtered water, let them soak for 10 minutes then remove as much water as possible, set aside.
7. Pick the herbs from the stem, wash under water then dry in the salad spinner removing as much water as possible.
8. To finish the salad, place some cabbage, herbs, goji & broccoli in a bowl, dress with chilli yogurt then place chicken on top.
‘Renewal is possible. Every meal is an opportunity to cleanse, retune and rewire the mind, body and soul to be the best version of yourself that you can be.’ Amanda Campbell