Savoury zucchini pancakes with turmeric, green chilli, tomato & coriander salsa, dill cashew
200g or 1 cup zucchini, grated
125g or 1 cup sprouted mung beans
6g or 2 cloves garlic, minced
12g or 1 stalk green onion
80g or 4 tablespoon flaxseed meal or LSA
2.5g or ½ teaspoon baking powder
5g or 1 teaspoon turmeric, round
5g or 1 teaspoon cumin, round
2.5g or ½ teaspoon chili flakes
3g or 1 clove garlic, crushed
5g or 1 teaspoon sea salt
2.5g or ½ teaspoon white pepper
32g or 2 egg yolk
40ml or 2 tablespoon coconut oil
15g or 1 small green chili
125g or ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes
5g or ½ bunch fresh coriander
7.5g or ½ small bunch fresh dill
20g or 1 tablespoon cashews
5g or 1 teaspoon truffle oil
2.5g or ½ teaspoon sea salt
60ml or 3 tablespoons water, filtered
1. Coarsely grate the zucchini into a bowl then add mung beans and salt. Let it sit for 30 minutes before squeezing 2/3 of the liquid out. Set aside.
2. In a bowl place the eggs, baking powder, flaxseed meal or LSA and coconut oil to form a batter. Combine with the zucchini mix and add the turmeric, green onions, chili, garlic and cumin. Season with the pepper.
3. Heat a large saucepan to a medium heat then brush with more coconut oil. Place 3 tablespoons of mixture for each pancake and cook for 3 minutes each side.
4. To make the salsa: cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a small bowl. Finely chop the fresh herbs and chili and mix in bowl with cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
5. To make the cashew cream: Place the cashews in filtered water for 12 hours then place into a blender, add the truffle oil, season with salt to taste.
6. To serve, place the zucchini pancakes on a serving plate. Top with the salsa and cashew cream.
‘Renewal is possible. Every meal is an opportunity to cleanse, retune and rewire the mind, body and soul to be the best version of yourself that you can be.’ Amanda Campbell