CHICKEN BONE BROTH SOUP W/ PERSIAN MEATBALLS & SPINACH
Chicken bone broth
800g chicken wings
110g or 1 brown onion
60g or 1 carrot, sliced
35g or ½ cup button mushroom, sliced
Persian chicken meatballs
80g chickpea flour (besan)
600g chicken mince
51g or 3 egg yolks
7.5g or ½ small bunch fresh dill
2.5g or ½ bunch fresh parsley
5g or ½ bunch fresh coriander
20ml or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
10ml or 2 teaspoons Lime juice
140g or 1 ½ cups baby spinach
250g chickpeas or 1 cup, cooked *use canned low sodium
260g or 4 eggs, boiled 6 minutes then into ice water
6g or 2 cloves garlic, minced
5g or 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
5g or 1 teaspoon sumac spice
5g or 1 teaspoon turmeric fresh, minced
20ml or 1 tablespoon coconut oil
2.5g or 1 teaspoon sea salt
2.5g or 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. To make the chicken stock: Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper and place chicken wings in a tray. Then add vegetables in another baking tray and bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
3. Once cooked, remove and place 1 litre of water in each tray then transfer into a large pot and just cover with water, bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for 24 hours.
4. Remove vegetables and the chicken, then strain through a cheese cloth.
5. To make the Persian chicken balls: Preheat oven to 180c. Place the chickpea flour and chicken mince in a large stainless steel bowl, then add the egg yolk, dill, parsley, coriander, lemon and lime juice. Combine adding a little water if needed to bind together.
6. Roll into 30g balls, place into a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and bake for 12 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
7. Mix the strained stock with the minced garlic, sumac, cardamom, coconut oil, sea salt, pepper and chickpeas. Separate into 4 bowls then add chicken balls and fresh spinach to serve.